Imani Development has been contracted by the Common Market for East and Southern Africa (COMESA) to develop a regional support programme for Small-Scale Cross-Border Trade. In order to better assess the priorities of key stakeholders of the intended programme, Director of Imani Development (International) Limited, Dr. Nicholas Charalambides traveled to Lusaka, Zambia, to facilitate a discussion meeting with these stakeholders.
The purpose of the visit was to collaboratively review the key priorities of the intended programme, and undertake a review of ongoing and planned activities to support CBT in the region.
The stakeholder met with were:
- COMESA Units and Agencies: Trading for Peace, Gender unit, Trade and Customs
- The European Union Delegation to COMESA
- Zambian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Zambian Ministry of Commerce, Trade, and Industry (MCTI)
- The Cross-Border Traders Association (CBTA)
- The International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- The Alliance for Commodity Trade in East and Southern Africa (ACTESA)