Short-term Junior Consultant
West Africa| Closes 26 May 2023
About the job:
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented West African-based French-speaking Consultant to contribute to an Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) research project for the African Union Commission. You will be joining a team of consultants from all 5 African regions to conduct interviews with African companies. You will be contracted for 6-8 weeks to see out the completion of the project.
The overall objective of the assignment is to, through interviews based on a survey, assess awareness and perception of ESG, activities to comply with ESG, SDGs supported by ESG practices, drivers of ESG compliance, challenges experienced in implementing ESG practices and support required to improve ESG practices.
GOPA Worldwide Consultants and Imani Development are implementing the project in consortium for the African Union Commission. The project is funded by GIZ.
- Research and identify companies in Francophone West and North Africa that meet our sampling criteria.
- Secure and conduct interviews with targeted companies on their ESG practices, related challenges, attitudes and support required.
- Graduate qualification in Sustainable Business Management, Sustainable Development, Economics, Finance, Industrial Development, Commercial Law, or a related field.
- Strong spoken and written English to communicate with the project team and write-up interviews.
- Strong spoken and written French to arrange and conduct interviews.
- Competent Google Workspace user.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Persistent and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong business network will be advantageous.
- At least two years of experience working in finance, commerce, research focused on the private sector, sustainable business, or development economics.
- Experience in conducting interviews and surveys.
- Preferably some experience working with ESG.
Location of Work:
- West Africa (remote). The consultant will conduct telephonic or video interviews remotely with companies in West Africa.
If you are a self-motivated and a fluent French speaker from West Africa with a background in sustainable business, finance, or development economics, we will gladly consider your application. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com with the subject line “West African-based French-Speaking Consultant” by Friday 26 May 2023. We look forward to reviewing your application.