Cape Town| Closes 18 May 2023
Are you passionate about sustainable development in Africa? Do you have strong research skills and a knack for engaging with business representatives? Imani Development is seeking a motivated and organized Research Intern to join our team at our Cape Town office for a 2-week assignment working on an ESG study for the African Union Commission to start immediately.
About the job:
The African Union Commission is conducting a study on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) to inform a continental strategy. This official study seeks to understand the ESG of African companies, exploring related activities, challenges and attitudes. Insights gained from this study will be used to develop a strategy to increase access to finance and secure market access. It covers eight sectors namely, agriculture, construction, energy, finance, mining, manufacturing, transport and tourism.
This project is financed by GIZ and implemented by GOPA in consortium with Imani Development.
- Conduct research on African companies, focusing on their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices.
- Secure interviews with key representatives from these companies to gather valuable insights.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in engaging with business representatives telephonically.
- Background knowledge of the African private sector and familiarity with ESG principles will be highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in French is a plus, as it will enable effective communication with French-speaking companies.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Docs, Google Drive) and internet research tools.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research Intern – ESG Study” by Thursday 18 May 2023.