Cape Town | 5 days | Closes 31 December 2019
Based in Observatory, Cape Town in a vibrant business park. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Junior Economist.
You will work in close collaboration with other members of the projects team and directors. You will be involved in developing and undertaking consultancy services in the field of economic development. This will include, inter alia;
Assist in the preparation of Expressions of Interest and project proposals for International and South African tenders;
Project co-ordination – team liaison and research support;
Economic research in a broad range of subject areas;
- Trade, regional integration, trade facilitation, infrastructure and key constraints and enablers;
- Ensure administrative information in Project References are up-to-date (contract values, expert days, project dates, etc);
- Data analysis – either from leading industry sources or primary research internally generated;
- Social economics – community engagement and development, SME development, gender studies;
- Agriculture – market analysis, value chain studies, aquaculture
Wide experience and some travel will be available and specialisation encouraged over time.
Profile of Candidate:
- Academic background in economics, international relations, political science – but some economics is essential.
- Excellent research, report writing, and communication skills are also a requirement.
Remuneration is based on experience. A new Honours graduate might expect to earn circa R19,000 after 6 months probation; with 4-5 years relevant experience circa R30,000.
Please send your CV (maximum 2 pages) and any relevant written work you might like us to consider as part of your application to email@example.com